Seismic Design: Part 2- Seismic Design for Buildings
A valid MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express credit card will be required for on-line payment.
If making payment by Purchase Order or Invoice, please call 1-800-446-0382.
Seismic Design Part 2 covers the basic design process for seismic loads in ASCE 7 – Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures. The course will cover the required knowledge to understand the seismic design process which includes:
• Determining the seismic hazard
• Selecting a lateral force resisting system
• Generating the equivalent lateral forces
• Using the lateral forces and load combinations to determine component demands
• Ensuring the complete, continuous load path has the capacity for the expected strength of the fuse elements
• Checking that deflections and p-delta effects are within allowable limits
In addition to this material which will be covered in depth, resources outside of ASCE 7 will be highlighted which cover the component design and ductile detailing requirements of specific materials (i.e. Structural Steel, Reinforced Concrete, Timber …). Other seismic design resources freely available through FEMA and NEHRP will also be mentioned.
The following learning objectives are intended:
1. Understand how to calculate the equivalent static loads to design structures for earthquakes.
2. Know how to select a seismic force resisting system based on the seismic hazard, building configuration and seismic performance factors
3. Understand the basic design process for seismic loads including component strength, drift limits, capacity design of critical elements in the load path and ductile detailing.
4. Be aware of other specifications required for design and additional resources available for learning more about seismic design.
$12 flat rate shipping per order available in the U.S. (excluding Hawaii and Alaska)
CEUs: 0.20 Hours: 2.00
There are still openings remaining at this time.
A valid MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express credit card will be required for payment. Please have your card information ready.